Investigator-Initiated Research (IIR) is defined by Theravance Biopharma as unsolicited, independent research designed & conducted by an external investigator.
IIR proposals are:
- Clinical (prospective or retrospective), in vitro or in vivo research
- Reviewed by the Theravance Biopharma IIR committee with decisions made based upon medical/scientific merit, alignment with current areas of research interest & available resources
- Supported through provision of funding &/or study drug/material
- Not to be solicited, designed, conducted, or supervised by Theravance BioPharma
- To include acknowledgement of any Theravance Biopharma support in all publications and/or presentations resulting from the research
IIR applications must be submitted through this site & include:
- Proposal or concept for the research
- CV for the Principal Investigator (PI)
- Complete contact information for investigator/site
- Basic budget specific to the research request
- Letter of request for any drug or material supply
Current IIR area(s) of interest:
- Infectious Diseases (Bacterial)
IIR support is not connected in any way to favorable recommendation, use, purchase, prescribing or support of current or future Theravance Biopharma product(s) or those of Theravance Biopharma’s partners or licensees.